This was a week full of lots of random aches and pains. I pulled something in my left quad, and while it doesn’t hurt to run, it’s sore just walking around on it. Also, the tops of my feet are sore, and my hill workout (literally!) kicked my butt. I took an extra rest day this week, and I’m really glad I did. I’ve been living in my compression socks, and “The Stick” is permanently attached to my hand.
Last week in summary:
- Monday: (scheduled 4-5 long hills at 5k pace) 6 miles
- Tuesday: (scheduled 4 miles) rest
- Wednesday: (scheduled 6 miles) 4 miles
- Thursday: (scheduled 6 miles) 7.5 miles with 6 long hills
- Friday: (scheduled rest) rest
- Saturday: (scheduled 11 miles) 11 miles
- Sunday: (scheduled rest) rest
That hill workout kicked my butt! I took this picture from the top:
What a gorgeous place to live. There were orange and lemon trees all along the crazy hill (and it was super steep), but even though the workout was hard, I was happy to be running in such a pretty place.
Next week’s plan:
- Monday: 4 miles
- Tuesday: 6x880s
- Wednesday: 7 miles
- Thursday: rest
- Friday: 7 miles
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: 8 miles at Train with Shane
We’ll see! I need my legs to stop feeling so beat up, so I may cut down the mileage on the two mid-week 7 milers.